Sunday, February 7, 2010

...and here's to you, Mrs. Robinson.

I must be a terrible mother.

I spent almost an entire day childless and didn't feel guilty once. Sure, I worried if the ex was going to be able to survive putting the wee shit to bed without my assistance, but I actually did not find my thoughts wandering to the wee shit every five minutes.

Am I any less a devoted mother for enjoying a movie date with the endearingly dorky young un' and then pretending to watch the superbowl with a friend? ( I say pretending because the evening just involved pints, snacks, and laughing hysterically at the reactions in the pub). I'm just going to chalk it up to the fact that - WARNING....WHINE ALERT.....I just don't have time to relax with friends or anyone else that can string a few sentences together lately. the ex is always 'working' and having to reschedule his visits last minute so I don't have the time to make plans. END OF WHINE. WE WILL NOW RESUME REGULAR PROGRAMMING.

And to the topic of the 'young un'. He's puppydoglicious and i'm not normally a fan of that. There is something about him that makes me want to rub his head and offer soothing words of "that's a good boy". Hey, it's not a bad thing, really! He appears to be sweet, dorky (something that I have a fondness for), obviously intelligent and possibly requiring a bit of mothering?
Oh god, no. no. no. Mothering is not what I'm ideally hoping for at the moment. My hormones aren't exactly screaming at me, "you need a back rub".

But despite all this, I'd like to see him again? Hmmm. Maybe I have hope for something underneath the shaggy sweet little puppy dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment